Friday, April 8, 2011

My First Ride...

Wow! My first ride was awesome! Ok, let me rephrase that. It was awesome once I was able to get ONTO the bike! It has 26" wheels and like I said in the past, I'm 5'3" ish. Not the easiest thing to do! Haha! But I rode to the library, which is close to a mile, if not a little over and rode back late this morning. Then this evening, my sweetie Jim came and picked me & my Huffy up and we went for a ride around the park. It was really nice, kids playing, riding their bikes (and trust me they were not sweating and huffing like we were), people walking their dogs. We stopped and set on a bench and watched squirrels play. Then it happened. I went to get onto my bike and fell my ass over! Lesson learned the hard, painful & embarrassing way: DO NOT RIDE YOUR BIKE WITH FLIP FLOPS ON!! Once I got over my embarrassment, it was funny. I felt a little like poor old Humpty Dumpty though. But I ended up with 3 miles ridden today! Not to bad to start out, huh?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment