Wednesday, April 6, 2011

About Me...

Let me start out by just getting this most embarrassing fact out there. I'm not over weight. I feel as though I'm past obese. I weigh in at about 260 pounds. It's gotten so embarrassing to just walk. It becomes difficult to breathe, my face doesn't just get red, it turns RED. I mean strangers will ask if I'm ok. RED. Oh, and I'm only 41. And 5'3".
So this spring I found out that my oldest is pregnant. With my first grandson. She's due August 12th, and she has moved to Florida. I know that if I were to buy a ticket to take the plane down (I live in Indiana), I would have to buy 2. So I started walking late last week. I would catch a ride to the library and walk the 3/4 mile home. Within just a few days I feel tighter. I'm not saying I've lost weight, I don't think I have. But my flab is just a smidge less (ick) flabby.
When I got home from my library walk, my knees hurt, my back hurt, hell, even my shins hurt. Not to mention the bottom of my feet from walking so hard. So today, I decided that I want to ride a bike to the library & back at least 3 times a week. That has to be better for the above mentioned aches & pains, right? Right.
Guess what? I didn't have a bike!  So off I went, to my local Walmart and looked all around for a bike to fit my library riding needs. Basket on the front, chec! Shelf rack on the back (in case I rent more books, movies, etc from the library & need more room!) check! Bottle holder for my much needed water bottle, check! So I found a very reasonable Huffy Cruiser. Want to see what it looks like? Here it is!
Well, kinda. It's this bike, only in a bronze or copper color with brown fenders. This is what I'm going to start riding to go from flab to fab! And I'm planning on documenting my journey here. Because you know, I'm a Huffy Rider! LOL!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment